Security guard avoids conviction but fined for assault

A SECURITY guard who grabbed his former Warrnambool partner by the arm and smashed her phone has managed to avoid a conviction but has been fined $750.
Nanjing Night Net

David Huismann, 38, previously of Donovans Road, Warrnambool, pleaded guilty in Warrnambool Magistrates Court to unlawful assault and causing criminal damage.

Police alleged that on October 30 last year Mr Huismann and his then partner were at home. She was on her mobile phone which Mr Huismann attempted to grab.

Mr Huismann and the woman argued and he grabbed her by the upper left arm, took her phone, walked inside and smashed the phone.

The woman called police. She suffered bruising to her arm, and the phone, valued at $640, was damaged beyond repair.

Defence counsel Pat McComish said that at the time of the argument the woman refused to communicate with his client, the relationship had now ended and she had moved to Melbourne.

He said Mr Huismann was a security guard and he had often witnessed stupid behaviour in which he had now engaged.

Mr McComish said Mr Huismann was worried that a conviction would impact on his security guard work and he had learnt a lot by completing a men’s behaviour change program.

Magistrate Jonathan Klestadt said violence was never a way of dealing with personal issues and Mr Huismann had given in to his frustration and anger when he grabbed his partner and caused a minor injury.

Follow The Standard on TwitterThis story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation