Teen lucky to not kill mates: Girl panicked after pinching Pop’s car

AN unlicenced teenage motorist was lucky not to have killed three of her friends when she crashed a car following a police pursuit, a Children’s Court has been told.

The court was told the 17-year-old female panicked after she took her grandfather’s car without permission and was pulled over at a random breath testing station on April 1 this year.

Police prosecutor Senior Constable Cherree Blair said the teen was driving a Ford Falcon sedan in Fifteenth Street about 2.30pm when she was confronted by police between Etiwanda and Benetook avenues.

Sen-Constable Blair said the driver was tested for the presence of alcohol and then gave police false identification details.

She said that after police told her to wait and went to check her claims, the driver told her three teenage passengers to “hold on” and she sped away from the station in an easterly direction.

The court was told that as police pursued the car, the motorist overtook other vehicles, including in between two lanes of traffic, before turning left into Benetook Avenue.

The prosecutor said the driver reached speeds of between 120-130kmh as she approached two cars that were travelling behind a semi trailer.

Sen-Constable Blair said police terminated the pursuit as the vehicles approached the Fourteenth Street roundabout when the teen driver tried to overtake the vehicles in gravel on the left hand side of the road.

She said the female overtook the two cars but lost control of the vehicle, overcorrected and crashed into the left hand side of the semi-trailer causing substantial damage to the car.

The court was told passengers helped the accused from the vehicle and a second police unit arrived at the scene and assisted to detain the group a short distance away.

For more of this story, purchase your copy of Wednesday’s Sunraysia Daily 05/06/2013.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲学校.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation